Thursday, September 16, 2010

Parents at School!

 It would be a funny scene to watch our parents in a class learning.  Well it actually came true, a few parents of room 17 and 12 were sitting in our class with us and got ready to learn about google search, wordle and a whole heap of other computer gadgets and information.

4:45pm, "Mum time to go" I said to my mum as it was time for my mum to go to school and learn.  We sat down at a desk together and there was some lollies in the bowl.  They were there for us to eat so my mum put the lollies on my side and kept gobbling them in. " Mum, it's not dinner" I whispered to her and she quickly put it on my side but I didn't eat any then.

Ok now it started and there we were, sitting in class at 5o'clock learning.  Miss Signal and Miss Davies introduced themselves to us and Miss Signal told us to go on google search and my mum was already struggling.  She finally  got on and she had a sigh of relief.  Miss Signal taught us a lot of things on how to search, for example,  When you want to search What is a Taniwha?, if you put speech marks beside the question like this("What is a Taniwha") you will get the exact thing you searched for.  We learnt a lot of similar things to that and then we learnt how to use the safe search settings.  You can put a safe search on your computer and you can restrict it so you won't get inappropriate things.  By then I started eating the lollies and my dad came.  We also learnt wordle.  Wordle is a site where you can see what word you have used the most by just writing down the URL.

It was really worth it although before school started I thought "who would want to go to school at 5o'clock", well I changed my mind because we learnt something new.

No comments: